You will be designing, building, maintaining, and rolling out our core services. Our systems are all the time in the process of being re-factored in to more performant subsyetems or micro-services. Apart from writing code, you will end up looking at logs, debugging and rolling out patches on a day-to-day basis. On a weekly basis, you will demo your work internally to the team on friday demos, and from time-to-time externally to our customers.
What we expect from you
- You have strong experience and accomplishments building scalable, high availability, Internet-scale big data infrastructure.
- You are proficient in any two of the following: Python, Go, Node.js
- You have hands-on experience with at least some of the following: Kafka, Storm, Message Queues, NoSQL DBs, AWS Lambda.
- You have a deep understanding of DNS, Anycast, and are able to set up load balancing for performance and redundancy.
- You care about the performance of a server and analyze logs to diagnose performance issues.
- You are able to perform root cause analysis when outages occur or performance degrades.
- A minimum three years of experience.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
What we offer
Immediate impact: You are part of a small but growing team and your impact is immediately felt. There is no shortage of interesting and challenging tasks.
Good compensation: Competitive salary and options.
Friday demo: Every week you get to show-off your contributions and get immediate feedback.
Great team: Our team is sharp, eccentric, loyal, and ambitious.
Fun times: Weekly and monthly outings.
Education: Our commitment to learning as a team and individual growth.
Relocation: If needed, we will help you move to Helsinki.
Interested? Send us your application
What is the hardest real-world distributed system or networking problem that you have ever diagnosed and perhaps solved? Explain it in your cover letter in as much detail as you can. We love reading about reverse engineering.
Send your cover letter and CV to careers[at]callstats.io.