At TrademarkNow we build the world’s leading trademark search and protection tools using the latest Machine Learning, AI and NLP technologies and techniques to imitate how a real lawyer would assess Trademark Likelihood of Confusion. While complex at core, we hide the AI-nerdy stuff behind a simple – yet polished – User Interface used by some of the biggest brand owners in the world.
With us you get to work with a technology stack that utilizes the best programming tools and practices, such as Functional Programming, Microservice-based Architecture and an Agile way of working. We are modern and our systems are modern with no legacy crap.
You will also get to work with Big Data. Our Information Retrieval cluster executes complex linguistic similarity searches from a total of 1 TB of in-memory trademark data using custom Data Structure and Algorithms.
Our company is growing fast and currently we are looking for a Front-End Developer to join our office in Helsinki. In this position, you will be a crucial part of our development team and will participate in the design and specification of new products and services.
Some of the most important items in our toolbox:
- React, ES201x, TypeScript
- Single-page applications, responsive design
- REST, HTTP, JSON
- CSS, vector graphics (SVG)
- Interaction design
- Functional programming
The ideal candidate:
- is a team-player.
- has good oral and written communication skills in English for technical and non-technical audiences.
- understands and empathises with the user and has keen eye for visual details.
- has systems thinking skills and strives for simplicity, clarity and consistency.
- has the ability to design and implement subtle micro-interactions and motion design.
- has strong understanding of css.
- can prioritize work and find balance between business, technical, and user requirements.
- keeps up with the latest news of Web development and knows where to find information on an unfamiliar topic.
Understanding of Scala, Java, SQL, bash, Ansible, Apache, and other backend technologies is an advantage.
If you have any publicly available references that you are proud of, don’t hesitate to include those in your application.
As part of the TrademarkNow team you will be:
- trusted to work in the best way possible and have flexible working hours
- given all the tools you need to do your work
- given a lot of responsibility
- learning new things and having an impact on our product
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your CV/LinkedIn profile to our Talent & People Manager Katariina Hava ([email protected]). We will read applications as they come and will start interviewing as soon as we find potential candidates.